How to Order
1 - Discover the details of our offers and prepare your order
The E-Commerce system integrated into the website allows you to select the scanning services you want, according to the unit prices you can find the list on page PRICING. It also contains additional information about our offers.
You will find the rates of:
- raw scanning services
- post-processing options
- packaged offers
and information about:
- the deadline for completion of our services
- the supply of deliverable files
- temporary backup of deliverable files
- the delivery of the package containing your documents, both outward and return
- payment terms
- VAT applicable to European exchanges
Once you have read the information on this page, you can prepare your selection of services by opening the page SHOP which centralizes the main system controls in the form of a mini dashboard.
This one includes the 2 control buttons which make it possible to prepare and to engage an order:
Main page of the online shop presenting the list of scanning services. You'll find access to Packaged Offers and Raw Scanning offers. When you select a particular Raw Scanning offer, you access its pre-order form from which you can adjust its settings, include the Post-Processing option, and enter the desired quantity.
After checking the contents of your cart, this control button allows you to access the order engagement process.
This dashboard also allows you to view different states for an order in progress as well as the history of the orders placed thanks to the following buttons:
This page shows the status of the e-cart for the order being prepared. You can simulate a pre-order and remove unwanted order items as needed. Note that it is not possible to correct the quantity of an order item from this page. In this case, the easiest way is to simply remove the item and then enter it again, with the right amount. Also note that if the e-cart is empty, the list of services of the shop is automatically displayed.
This page displays and allows you to edit your billing and delivery addresses (if different), if you have previously entered them and if you are connected to the system. If you are not logged in yet, the form to login or register as a new user is automatically displayed. Note that you must have a user account to place an order for our services.
If you are connected to the system, this page displays the list of your already completed and validated orders (order history).
If you are connected to the system, this page displays the list of invoices corresponding to your orders already made. Invoices are downloadable.
These are messages, notifications or news related to the integrated online sales system.
2 - Commitment of your order online
To take the order, you must click on the Checkout button in the dashboard of the page SHOP. You then enter the traditional online order commitment process consisting of 5 steps:
- Review and Payment
3 - Preparing the parcel containing your photographic films
Place the photographic film to be digitized in your package (s), whether it be slides and or strips of photographic film.
- The raw photographic film strips, whether the emulsions are "negative" or "positive", can each contain several snapshots, typically from 1 to 6 images per strip. We ask you to clearly identify the only shots intended for scanning. We therefore sort the photos to be digitized from the raw film strips according to your convenience without the need to cut the strips. We also advise against any manipulation of the emulsions at the risk of leaving traces on them which would become clearly visible after scanning. Make sure that your photographic film strips have their protective envelopes or flexible cells or that they are protected by a flexible plastic film on each side.
- Slides in 135 format (24x24 mm and 24x36 mm) mounted in rigid frame must be stored in boxes provided for this purpose. We advise you to tape each box to prevent it from opening inadvertently during transport. For this type of slides, the covers must measure 50x50mm, their thickness must not exceed 3mm and the film must not be protected by glass plates. All the slides delivered in this format must be intended for digitization, no sorting will be done for this type of slides.
- Please note that slides in other formats must absolutely be delivered to us as raw film strips. In particular, 120 slides in format mounted in a rigid frame are not supported by our service.
4 - Send us your parcel
During the online order commitment process, at the "delivery" stage, you will be invited to choose who will be the buyer of the transport service for the "RETURN" shipment of the package. You will then have to select one of the following two formulas:
- Control by the sender
- Full Control by the Client
In this paragraph you will also find the list of countries served.
5 - Waiting for the completion of our service
Orders for small volumes will be processed within a period of typically 1-4 weeks. For large volumes and more generally for more details about the duration of our services, we invite you to consult the paragraph Completion time of the PRICING page.
6 - Return of your parcel and deliverable files
If the deliverable files are stored on a physical memory device, USB key or hard drive, it will be included in the parcel that will be sent back to you, which will also contain your photographic film archive.
7 - Verification
In order to give you the time to check the integrity of the scanned image files that have been delivered to you, we temporarily save a copy on our premises or on a secure remote hosting. This backup will be systematically erased 4 weeks after the date of delivery of the parcel in return. You have this time to check your files.
Details about the online order checkout process
Presentation of the login form to connect. If your Client / User account does not exist yet, the creation form will also be presented to you.
Editing your billing address and the one that will be used for delivery if different.
Selection of the buyer of the transport service for the "RETURN" shipment of the package. A reminder of the two proposed formulas is mentioned. You can also consult the detailed explanations on this subject in the page PRICING. Note that the "GO" transport is always paid directly by the Customer.
- Review and Payment
At this point, you will be able to check the detailed content of your shopping cart, which then constitutes the order form. You will be able to check the quantities for each order line and correct them if necessary without having to resume the whole process of placing an order. You will also be able to remove any unwanted order lines. Once the verification done, you will be able to commit your order if you have confirmed the reading and approval of the Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use, which you indicate by checking the box marked.
Only one payment method currently active:
- payment by bank transfer
At this stage, the order engagement process is complete but payment has not yet been made. The online sales system will then display a page presenting the LABFORSCAN bank details that the Customer will have to note to make the payment by bank transfer.