Pricing and orders details for On-Line sales
|Image Scanning Service Specifications||Unit Price (€) excluding VAT
depending on the quantity of images to be scanned
|Film and Image
|SM24X36FS.8K0||135 - 24x36mm||8000||86||film||1.98||1.82||1.68||1.54||1.42|
|SM24X36FS.5K0||135 - 24x36mm||5000||34||film||1.32||1.22||1.12||1.03||0.95|
|SM24X58-66FS.8K0||135 - 24x58mm, 24x66mm||8000||157||film||3.28||3.02||2.77||2.55||2.35|
|SM24X58-66FS.5K0||135 - 24x58mm, 24x66mm||5000||61||film||2.19||2.01||1.85||1.70||1.57|
|SM24X36SL.5K0||135 - 24x36mm||5000||34||slide||1.10||1.01||0.93||0.86||0.79|
|SM60X45FS.4K4||120/220 - 60x45mm||4400||81||film||1.93||1.77||1.63||1.50||1.38|
|SM60X45FS.3K2||120/220 - 60x45mm||3200||43||film||1.56||1.44||1.32||1.22||1.12|
|SM60X60-70FS.3K2||120/220 - 60x60mm, 60x70mm||3200||67||film||1.56||1.44||1.32||1.22||1.12|
|SM60X80-90FS.3K2||120/220 - 60x80mm, 60x90mm||3200||86||film||1.93||1.77||1.63||1.50||1.38|
|SM60X120FS.3K2||120/220 - 60x120mm||3200||114||film||2.57||2.36||2.17||2.00||1.84|
|SM60X170FS.3K2||120/220 - 60x170mm||3200||162||film||3.21||2.95||2.72||2.50||2.30|
Notes about this table
The abbreviated term "Res." refers to the resolution on the film. The column entitled "Def." indicates the theoretical definition of the useful region of the image (Region-Of-Interest), that is to say with a crop which is supposed to be ideal. It is expressed in mega-pixels. The column headed "Cond." specifies the conditioning of the filmstrips. The "film" indication is used to denote a pre-cut rough film strip which may contain 1 or more views, whereas the "slide" indication refers to a frame mounted slide.
A "Unit Price" is the price for scanning a single photo. It depends on the film and image formats, the required resolution and of course the total quantity in this service type.
These prices are valid for all types of emulsion
- Colour or Black and White
- Reversal or Negative film
- The raw photographic film strips, whether the emulsions are "negative" or "positive", can each contain several snapshots, typically from 1 to 6 images per strip. We ask you to clearly identify the only shots intended for scanning. We therefore sort the photos to be digitized from the raw film strips according to your convenience without the need to cut the strips. We also advise against any manipulation of the emulsions at the risk of leaving traces on them which would become clearly visible after scanning. Make sure that your photographic film strips have their protective envelopes or flexible cells or that they are protected by a flexible plastic film on each side.
- Slides in 135 format (24x24 mm and 24x36 mm) mounted in rigid frame must be stored in boxes provided for this purpose. We advise you to tape each box to prevent it from opening inadvertently during transport. For this type of slides, the covers must measure 50x50mm, their thickness must not exceed 3mm and the film must not be protected by glass plates. All the slides delivered in this format must be intended for digitization, no sorting will be done for this type of slides.
- Please note that slides in other formats must absolutely be delivered to us as raw film strips. In particular, 120 slides in format mounted in a rigid frame are not supported by our service.
Restriction on quantity
- The minimum order quantity per scanning service type (by commercial reference) is 50 units.
Format of deliverable files
At the end of the raw scanning service, each image is encoded and delivered as a file whose choice of format is selectable when ordering online. The complete commercial references of the raw scanning services include a suffix that identifies the format of this deliverable file, either "R3F" for Hasselblad raw-3f or "RTF" for TIFF. In order not to weigh down the previous table, these suffixes are not mentioned.
|Post-Processing type||Unit Price VAT excl.|
|OPP.NO||No post-processing||no cost added|
|OPP.COL||Post-Processing for Colour emulsion||+1.20 €|
|OPP.BW||Post-Processing for Black & White emulsion||+0.60 €|
Format of deliverable files
At the end of an optional post-processing service, each image concerned is encoded and delivered as a separate TIFF file, which is therefore added to the file containing the "raw scan" image. The definition of the post-processed image is identical to its "raw scan" version and the color depth is also 16 bits per color channel.
These flat rate offers, whether scanning only or combined with post-processing, allow you to group a small amount of photographic films of different formats on a single purchasing line.
|Description||Price VAT excl.|
|SPACK-FULL-20||Flat rate offer "Full Pack"
|SPACK-RAW-20||Flat rate offer "Raw-Scan Pack"
The files resulting from the services ordered by the Client from the LABFORSCAN online store will be provided within a period that may typically vary from 1 to 4 weeks for a low volume order, that is for an order whose overall amount of images to be scanned is less than or equal to 5000 (five thousand). We will endeavor not to exceed a maximum of 30 days, but the deadline may depend on seasonal factors or other variations in our workload and, if applicable, on a scheduling agreement with the customer. This period starts from the full receipt of the documents to be scanned in our premises and the final confirmation of the date of the Customer's order, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Orders for scanning over 5000 (five thousand) images are considered high-volume orders. When such a command is engaged from our online store, and without other contradictory information, the supply of the files resulting from the scanning is staggered in time.Each step corresponds to a slice of the volume of images to be digitized. In this case, the amplitude of delivery times of the deliverable files depends on and increases with the volume of the order. By default, from the date of final validation of the order, the staggering of deliveries for a high-volume order will be established as follows:
- The first slice of 5000 (five thousand) images to be scanned will be provided within 4 weeks
- Each additional slice of 10000 (ten thousand) images to be scanned will be provided within an additional six weeks from the date of delivery of the previous slice.
- The last slice will be provided within an additional 3 weeks from the delivery date of the previous slice if this one does not contain more than 5000 images to scan. Otherwise this last additional time will also be increased to 6 weeks.
- an order placed online for scanning up to 5000 images, will be delivered no later than 4 weeks, starting from the date of final validation of the order and the availability of documents to be scanned in our premises.
- an order placed online for the digitization of 18000 images will be delivered in several deadlines; the first slice (5000 scans) under 4 weeks, the second (10000 scans) under 10 weeks and the remainder (3000 scans) under 13 weeks, starting from the date of final validation of the order and the availability of the documents to be scanned in our premises.
Supply of deliverable files
|Means of storage and supply||Unit Price VAT excl.|
|Local storage on removable memory media
- Provision of a USB key or an external hard disk
Temporary backup of deliverable files
By default, LABFORSCAN maintains a free backup of the deliverable files during the 4 weeks following the delivery of a service. Physically, this accommodation can be realized either on our premises or externally with a hosting provider of secure content. After this time, the client files will be systematically destroyed.
Shipping of the parcel(s) containing the films
During the process of placing the order online, at the step "Delivery", the Customer will be asked to choose who will be the buyer of transport services for the shipment "go" and for the "return" of the package. We offer the following formulas:
- Control by the sender
- Full Control by the Client
|Choice||Direction||Purchaser of the
|Price VAT excl.|
|Client address in France||Client address outside France|
|"Control by the Sender"||Inward delivery
(CLIENT ➜ LABFORSCAN)
|Client||8.00 €||20.00 €|
(LABFORSCAN ➜ CLIENT)
|"Full Control by the Client"||Inward delivery
(CLIENT ➜ LABFORSCAN)
|Client||No additional cost||No additional cost|
(LABFORSCAN ➜ CLIENT)
Parcel transportation in the "FORWARD" direction
Whatever the formula chosen, the Customer must always take care of the order himself to send his package to LABFORSCAN. The Customer will therefore be free to choose the delivery provider and the options for this service. However, we advise you to consult the offers of an aggregator (comparator) of delivery services, such as BOXTAL or UPELA. You will thus have access to a wide range of offers while benefiting from competitive rates. These comparators will allow you to :
- choose your shipping company (Mondial Relay, Relais Colis, Chronopost, FedEx, DHL, TNT, UPS, etc.)
- select the delivery time
- choose the method of collection and or the method of deposit (home, relay or post-office)
- plan at your convenience the collection and / or deposit if this is to be done at your home
- add an optional Ad-Valorem insurance to cover the market value you want to report for your property
- split your shipments if needed
A URL will allow you to track the evolution of the parcel at the site of the actual carrier. In addition, to lighten the "outbound" shipping invoice, you can schedule to deliver the parcel in a relay (or at the post office), this does not bother us.
Parcel transportation in the "RETURN" direction
- If the chosen formula is "Control by the Sender", the "Return" delivery service for your parcel will be ordered by LABFORSCAN. An additional fixed cost is then applied during your order to cover our "Return" shipping costs. Our company is based in France. Local shipments being less expensive, we offer 2 rates, depending on the delivery address of the Customer. To centralize our transport orders we usually place them with a recognized aggregator of freight services, like BOXTAL. We then choose a choice which corresponds to an economic price for a parcel weighing less than 5kg without optional insurance. We draw your attention to the fact that, in this case, only the basic insurance of the carrierAttention: international conventions are generally very favorable to carriers, because their responsibility is based on the weight of the goods conveyed. We strongly advise our Customers to order directly the transport services in order to include an Ad-Valorem insurance allowing to cover their goods for the market value that they estimate. will be effective.
- If the chosen formula is "Full control by the Client", you will have to take charge directly of the "Return" delivery service of your package. For this we also advise you to consider the offers of an aggregator of delivery services. We accept the different collection methods (from our address or from a parcel relay if necessary).
Note that the descriptive details of each formula are also recalled and accessible by pop-ups during the "Delivery" step of the online ordering process.
The following member States of the Euro Area:
- France (metropolitan)
- Netherlands (except the islands corresponding to the former Netherlands Antilles)
Payment by bank transfer
Effective for any amount. The bank account details of LABFORSCAN are communicated to the Customer during the last step of the ordering process.
The price is payable by the Customer, in full on the day of placing the order.
VAT applicable to European exchanges
Services provided to individuals (not subject to VAT) are taxed at the provider's country. French VAT, at the standard rate of 20% is therefore applicable for individual customers, whether they reside in France or in another country of the European Union. It is collected by the provider, that is to say by LABFORSCAN.
Business services are taxed at the country where the customer is established. The European customer established outside France, subject to VAT, shall account for VAT according to the reverse charge mechanism.
To do this, the customer must register their VAT number during the early "Addresses" step of checkout process.
The registered VAT number is then automatically checked by our system which will allow to establish an invoice Excluding VAT if this number is valid. In practice, the invoice concerned will include detailed VAT fields with a rate automatically set to 0%. We remind you that, in this situation, the customer will be in charge of self-handling VAT in his own State based on the invoice price.
If the VAT number has not been provided by the Customer, or if the verification has failed, the invoices will be automatically established based on the applicable VAT rate in his country. In this particular case, our system will have automatically determined the rate that must apply depending on the billing address that has been previously entered by the Customer.