TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE AND USE
This commercial website is operated by the company LABFORSCAN. On this site, the terms "we", "us" and "our" refer to LABFORSCAN, the Seller, the Provider. LABFORSCAN offers this website, including all information, tools and services available to you, the Customer, the User, subject to your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
- The term "Customer" refers to any natural or legal person placing an order on the LABFORSCAN merchant website.
- The terms "Site" or "Website" refer to our merchant website www.labforscan.com
By visiting this site and / or purchasing one of our services or products, you agree to our Service and agree to be bound by the following "Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use", including those referred to in this document and / or which are accessible by hyperlink. These Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use apply to all users of this site, including but not limited to users who browse the site, who are sellers, customers, merchants, and / or content contributors.
Please read these Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of this site, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you must not access the website or use the services provided there. If these Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use are considered an offer, the acceptance is expressly limited to them.
All new features and tools that will later be added to this online store will also be subject to these Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use. You can check the most recent version of the General Conditions of Sale and Use at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use by publishing updates and / or changes on our website. It is your responsibility to check this page regularly to see if any changes have been made. Your continued use of the website or your access to it after the publishing of any changes constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
Our online store is hosted by OVH - 2 rue Kellermann - 59100 Roubaix - France
By accepting these Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use, you declare that you have reached the age of majority in your country, state or province of residence, and that you have given us your consent to allow any person of age minor your are responsible for using this website.
The use of our products and services for any unlawful or unauthorized purpose is prohibited, and you must not, in connection with the use of the Service, violate the laws of your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
You must not transmit worms, viruses or any other code of a destructive nature.
ARTICLE 2 – General terms
We reserve the right to refuse at any time access to services to anyone, and that for any reason whatsoever.
You understand that, for technical reasons, your content (excluding your credit card information) may be transferred in an unencrypted manner, which implies (a) transmissions on different networks; and (b) changes to comply with and adapt to the technical requirements for connecting networks or devices. In the event that payment by bank card is offered, the credit card information is always encrypted during transmission over the networks.
The titles used in this agreement are included for your convenience, and will not limit or affect these Terms.
ARTICLE 3 - Scope
These Terms of Sale apply without restriction or reservation to any purchase of the following services or including the following services:
- Scanning of iconographic documents whose supports are mainly, but not exclusively, photographic films with silver emulsion.
- Image processing, including in principal the re-balancing of the sensitometric curve of the original film and the post-treatments required for adaptation to the destination colour space and optionally for the retouching of the content.
- Optional processing and encapsulation of meta-data in scanned image files, especially for indexing.
- Provision of a main file called "raw scan" in full quality for each scanned image. By default, the encoding standard of these "raw scan" files is defined by the manufacturer of the scanner used, although a conversion to another standard can be proposed.
- Optional provision of post-processed image files for "final rendering".
- Files for "final rendering" are also encoded in full quality but in a format more suitable for exchanges than that of "raw scan" files. If a binary compression is applied to them, this one is carried out "without loss of information".
- Lightweight files can also be added to the delivery of the delivered "final rendering" files. These are intended for preview purposes only, they are usually compressed with loss of information.
- Storage of deliverable image files produced on independent physical memory media for delivery to the customer.
- Outsourced storage, for a limited time, of deliverable files at a secure content hosting provider with transmission to the client of the procedure to be followed for their download.
- Temporary storage of deliverable files on our premises or at a secure hosting provider. If the hosting of the content is carried out by an external service provider, the customer will receive electronically the information necessary to download his files.
and the following custom products:
- Memory components used as local storage media for files resulting from our services (such as USB key, removable hard disk, etc.)
as proposed by LABFORSCAN, the Provider, to the Clients on our Website www.labforscan.com
Unless expressly agreed by us, the resale of our services is not permitted.
The main features of the services are presented on our Website.
The Customer is required to read it before placing an order. The choice and purchase of a service is the sole responsibility of the Customer.
These Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use are available at any time on our Website and will prevail over any other document.
The Customer declares to have taken knowledge of the present Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use and to have accepted them by checking the box provided for this purpose before launching the procedure for payment of an order made online on our Site.
Unless proven otherwise, the data recorded in the Provider's Content-Management-System constitutes proof of all transactions concluded with the Client.
The coordinates of the Provider are as follows:
Simplified single shareholder company with a capital of 10 000 euros
Registered at the RCS of Créteil, under the number 841 177 132
Address : 43 quai Louis Ferber - 94360 Bry sur Marne (France)
Phone : +33 6 89 87 44 76
The Services presented on our Site are offered for sale for the following member States of the Euro Area:
- France (metropolitan)
- Netherlands (except the islands corresponding to the former Netherlands Antilles)
If, for exceptional reasons, any customs duties or other local taxes or import duties other than the normal VAT were to be payable, they will be at the customer and be under his sole responsibility.
ARTICLE 4 - Sales prices
The services and products sold online are subject to the rates in effect on our Site, at the time of registration of the order by the Provider.
Given the nature of the services we sell, different VAT rates are applicable, depending on the type of customer and its billing address. The prices displayed on our site are therefore expressed in Euros (€) Excluding Taxes and the determination of the applicable VAT rate is made automatically by our system when the on-line ordering process is engaged.
The rule that applies for the determination of the VAT rate is as follows:
- B2C services
The services provided to individuals (not subject to VAT) are taxed at the place of establishment of the provider. French VAT, at the standard rate of 20% is therefore applicable for private customers, whether they reside in France or in another country of the European Union.
- B2B services
Business services are taxed at the location where the lessee (Customer) is established. In the particular case of a European Customer established outside France, the VAT accounting must normally be made according to the reverse charge mechanism so that LABFORSCAN can bill excluding VAT. The implementation of the VAT reverse charge is only possible if the customer's VAT number has been entered by the Customer during the "Addresses" step of the ordering process and will have been validated by our verification system. In the event that the VAT number has not been provided by the Customer, or if its verification has failed, the invoices will be automatically established by our tax system based on the VAT rate applicable in the Customer's country.
The rates take into account any reductions that may be granted by the Service Provider on its Site.
These prices are firm and not subject to revision during their period of validity but the company LABFORSCAN reserves the right to modify them outside this period, it being understood however that the prices appearing in the catalog the day of the order will be the only applicable to the buyer.
LABFORSCAN does not integrate an internal service for shipments, these must therefore always be handled by an external freight transport company.
- In the direction of "GO" of the goods, that is to say from the Customer's address to that of LABFORSCAN, the Customer must himself take charge of the order of shipping of his goods to a carrier of his choice.
- In the direction of "RETURN" of the goods, the transport order can be taken over either by the Customer or by LABFORSCAN.
- In the event that the Customer decides to let LABFORSCAN take over this "RETURN" shipping order of the goods to the Customer, an additional fixed cost is applied to the invoice in order to cover the costs corresponding to be incurred by LABFORSCAN. Note that the unit prices of the products and services that we offer do not include the costs of transporting the documents to be scanned belonging to the Client.
- In the event that the Customer decides to take charge of the "RETURN" shipping order himself, no additional transport costs will obviously be added to the invoice.
An invoice is issued by the Service Provider and delivered to the Customer at the latest when providing the services ordered.
ARTICLE 5 – Orders and preparation of documents to be digitized
The Customer must select on our Site the services he wishes to order, and proceed to the preparation of the order and its documents to be scanned as follows:
First part of the ordering process:
- The customer prepares the precise set of documents to be scanned, and only these.
- Then, the customer prepares his cart on the LABFORSCAN Website, that is to say he chooses the type(s) of service(s) of digitization and adds them. For each digitization service, the Customer selects the respective optional parameters and, if necessary, validates or invalidates the associated options. The Customer also adjusts the amount of images to be scanned by type of scanning service. Note that the Customer will be able to modify or delete the services to be ordered during the last phase of the ordering process, that is to say just before validating and paying the order.
- Then, a menu invites the customer to register an account in our database so that our system can have the minimal and required information for the order taking. At this point, it is simply a question of collecting the billing and delivery addresses (if different) as well as the contact information including the mobile phone number. Once this information has been collected, the system will allow the rest of the order process and will allow the customer to reconnect later to his account in order to track the history of his orders.
- Then, the Customer selects the formula allowing to determine who will be the buyer of the transport service for the return of his goods. If he chooses to entrust this return transport order to LABFORSCAN, an additional fixed cost is then applied to cover the costs that we will then have to incur with the carrier. The details of the proposed transport formulas can be found on our website on the "Pricing" page and are recalled in pop-ups which are activated during the "Shipping" stage of the order process.
- The Customer then checks the entirety of the order in preparation which is presented to him. This presentation serves as a quote.
- The Customer must read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Sales and Use in order to continue the checkout process.
- Currently only payment by bank transfer is offered.
- When the Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use have been accepted by the Customer, a button for "validation and payment of the order" will be activated and will be accessible.
- After having clicked on this button, that is to say after request of "validation of the order", a document containing the bank details of LABFORSCAN will be automatically sent to the Customer by electronic way, and possibly by postal way, so that he can proceed to the payment.
- Once the payment has been made, according to the conditions set out in article 7 "Payment terms", the Customer receives an electronic notification of the confirmation of the actual payment.
- At this point, the ordering process is complete.
The sale will be considered valid only after full payment of the price. It is the Customer's responsibility to check the accuracy of the order and report any errors immediately.
Any order placed on our Website constitutes the formation of a contract concluded at a distance between the Customer and the Service Provider.
The service Provider reserves the right to cancel or refuse any order from a Customer with whom there is a dispute over the payment of a previous order.
In order to avoid any confusion upon receipt of the parcels, we request that, when possible, during their preparation, the customer attach a copy of the order form or simply its reference code.
ARTICLE 6 – Verification of the conformity of documents to be digitized
Upon receipt of the package sent by the Customer, LABFORSCAN verifies the conformity of its contents with the order entered. If significant differences are noted, these are reported to the Customer, who will be contacted again so that we can agree on a solution together. If no anomaly or blocking difference is found, LABFORSCAN starts the execution of the work as planned.
ARTICLE 7 - Payment terms
Payment by bank transfer
Effective for any amount. The bank account details of LABFORSCAN are communicated to the Customer during the last step of the ordering process.
Payment for low volume orders, that is to say the total quantity of images to be scanned is less than 1000 (one thousand), must be made in full on the day the order is placed.
Payment for large volume orders, that is to say the total quantity of images to be digitized is greater than or equal to 1000 (one thousand), may follow a schedule whose terms will be agreed with the customer and in synchronism with deliveries . A deposit on order will be required.
ARTICLE 8 - Provision of services
The services are provided at LABFORSCAN premises, which implies the availability of the documents to be digitized belonging to the Customer and therefore their prior delivery.
The files resulting from the services ordered by the Client from the LABFORSCAN online store will be provided within a period that may typically vary from 1 to 4 weeks for a low volume order, that is for an order whose overall amount of images to be scanned is less than 1000 (one thousand). We will endeavor not to exceed a maximum of 30 days, but the deadline may depend on seasonal factors or other variations in our workload and, if applicable, on a scheduling agreement with the customer. This period starts from the full receipt of the documents to be scanned in our premises and the final confirmation of the date of the Customer's order, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Orders for the digitization of more than or equal to 1000 (one thousand) images are considered to be high volume orders, their planning will be established in consultation with the client.
Special conditions, quote request:
Our on-line offer meets the price requirements for large volumes, with a sharp decline in unit prices. It is also possible to negotiate payment and delivery schedules for high volume B2B business.
On the other hand, it should be noted that the restriction on the resale of our services can also be waived in the case of an order placed offline. Such an order must, however, refer to an estimate expressly mentioning the lifting of this restriction.
The method of supplying the Customer with the deliverable files:
The actual method will be determined by LABFORSCAN depending in particular on the total amount of memory required by all the deliverable files. Depending on the case, one of the following will apply:
- A physical memory component will store the scanned image files locally. This one will be delivered to the address indicated by the Customer when ordering on our Site. By default, this memory device will be inserted in the return parcel containing the original documents of the customer but we reserve the option to ship it separately.
- Storage of scanned image files may eventually be outsourced to a secure content hosting provider. A download link accompanied by the service login credentials will be sent to the client, by email, so that he can download his files. Details regarding this method of supply will also be indicated. Note that, once the download will be made successfully, the hosting server will notify us automatically. The date of this notification will be considered as the date of supply of the Services to the customer.
The possibilities presented in this list are given for information only. They are likely to evolve over time.
Note that our customers will always have the opportunity to expressly request that the supply of deliverables be made through a memory component.
Return of the Customer's original documents:
In the event that LABFORSCAN has been commissioned to purchase the "return" transport order for the parcel containing the Customer's original documents, we will notify the transfer of its goods to the shipping company. In this case, an authentication code will be sent to him, electronically, so that he can access the package tracking service managed by the carrier.
In the exceptional case where the Customer would have sent us a parcel containing his documents without having previously validated and paid the corresponding order, we will contact him to unblock this situation.
In addition, it is important to note that when our digitization services are completed, we do not store the client's physical original documents. The return of the client's property is inseparable from any order. The related costs remain the responsibility of the Customer, even if the order concerned has been canceled or if the Customer decides to abandon his original documents.
Respect of deadlines:
The Service Provider undertakes to make its best efforts to provide the Services ordered by the Customer, within a context of an obligation of means and within the time limits specified above.
If the services ordered have not been fully provided according to the terms of the schedule provided for in this article, for any other cause than force majeure or the fact of the Customer, the sale of the quota not supplied of these services can be solved at the written request of the Customer under the conditions provided by the Consumer Code. The sums paid by the Customer for services not provided on the dates specified in the schedule will be reimbursed to him at the latest within fourteen days of the date of termination of the contract, excluding any compensation or withholding.
In case of special request of the Customer concerning the conditions of supply of the Services offered on-line, request duly accepted in writing by the Provider, the related costs will be subject to an additional specific billing.
In the absence of reservations or claims expressly made by the Customer upon receipt of the Services, they shall be deemed to comply with the order, in quantity and quality.
The Customer will have a period of 14 days from the provision of the Services to check the integrity of the downloaded files, in particular to check the correct opening of each image file delivered using an appropriate application and to issue complaints by mail or e-mail, accompanied by all supporting documents.
No claim can be validly accepted in case of non-compliance with these formalities and deadlines by the Customer.
The Service Provider shall reimburse or rectify as soon as possible and at its expense Services whose lack of conformity has been duly proven by the Customer.
ARTICLE 9 - Right of withdrawal
The applicability of the right of withdrawal depends on the nature of the goods sold, three cases are to be considered:
- Immaterial goods sold by LABFORSCAN
Given the nature of the services we sell, namely scanning of specific documents to the Customer and processing performed on the digital files obtained, the products of our services, that is to say the resulting files , are immaterial goods clearly personalized for the Customer. With regard to the Code of Consumption (articles L221-28.3°), the right of withdrawal does not apply to this type of service delivery when it has been executed.
- Personalized material goods sold by LABFORSCAN
Files resulting from services performed by LABFORSCAN can be returned to the client via a physical memory medium, such as a USB key, a computer hard disk, or any other hardware component. To do this, these memory components used will have been undone from their original packaging by LABFORSCAN who, in addition, will have connected them to a computer, will eventually have formatted them, and finally will have saved the files for the Client. As a result, the physical memory components used for this purpose will have lost their status as new standard equipment. If they have been sold to the customer, they must be considered as material goods that are personalized to him and according to the Code of Consumption (articles L221-28.3), the right of withdrawal does not apply either to this type of product either.
- Standard material goods sold by LABFORSCAN
Although the sale of new standard product, free from any manipulation or transformation, is not currently available on our online store, LABFORSCAN provides for this possibility in the short term. When this is the case, the sale of these new standard products will be subject to the current rules of the Code of Consumption, particularly in terms of warranty and withdrawal. The right of withdrawal will apply to this category of material products.
ARTICLE 10 - Responsibility of the service Provider - Warranty
The service provider guarantees, in accordance with the legal provisions and without additional payment, the customer, against any defect in the services ordered and certifies that the production equipment used for the digitization of the documents of the customer are identical to those described on the website.
The Service Provider can not be held responsible or defective for any delay or non-performance resulting from the occurrence of a case of force majeure usually recognized by French case law.
The Services offered on the Service Provider's website comply with the regulations in force in France. The liability of the Service Provider can not be engaged in case of non-compliance with the legislation of the country in which the Services are provided, that it is up to the Customer, who is solely responsible for choosing the Services requested, to check.
ARTICLE 11 – Transfer of responsibility
Transport companies are responsible for the goods they ship.
As international agreements are generally very favorable to carriers because their liability is based on the weight of the goods being transported, we strongly advise our Customers to opt for an Ad-Valorem insurance form for the transport of their goods.
ARTICLE 12 – Exclusions of warranty and limitations of liability
The media or contents (documents to be scanned) of exceptional importance must be the subject of an adequate insurance which the Customer should make the subscription and to inform us of it.
Given the diversity of modes and options of transport services currently on the market and the nature of the goods to be delivered, including the difficulty of determining their market value, the Customer must normally place himself the order(s) for the shipment of his goods to a carrier, in both "GO" and "RETURN" directions. In doing so, the Customer can choose the carrier, the transport formula and the level of insurance to cover the value of his goods. LABFORSCAN assists and advises the Client in his actions but our role remains consultative.
Regarding the "RETURN" of physical documents, our online sales platform however allows the Customer to decide whether he will take responsibility for the order to be placed with a carrier or if he prefers to entrust this task to us. The latter choice has the sole purpose of simplifying the procedures for the Customer in the event that he does not wish to ensure the market value of his goods and if he does not have any particular requirement as to the provider of the transport service or its various formulas. Note that this can be interesting for the return of original physical documents whose market value can be considered as highly depreciated once the scanning has been carried out.
Please note: If this "RETURN" transport order is entrusted to us, we place it either with an aggregator of goods transport services or directly with a transport company. This option is then invoiced for an additional flat rate which allows us to cover the costs incurred. Recall that, as we indicate repeatedly throughout the online sales process on our website, if LABFORSCAN is entrusted with the placing of orders for transport "RETURN", the formula we choose will be configured in economical mode and without any other form of insurance than the basic insurance offered by the carrier. On the other hand, this does not in any way call into question the transfer of responsibility to the effective transport company.
We do not warrant or pretend in any way that your use of our web service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free. You agree that from time to time we may cut it for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, change its content as well as its presentation and organization, without notifying you in advance. You expressly agree that your use of the web service, or your inability to use it, is at your sole risk. The web service and all products and services provided to you are (unless expressly stated otherwise by us) provided "as is" and "as available" for your use, without representation, without warranties and without conditions of any kind.
LABFORSCAN, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, trainees, suppliers, service providers and licensors shall under no circumstances be held liable for any injury, loss, claim, or for direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including but not limited to loss of profits, income, savings, data, replacement costs or any similar damages, whether contractual, tortious (even in the case of negligence), strict liability or other, resulting from your use of any service or product from this Service, including but not limited to any error or omission in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind arising from the use of the Service or any Content (or product) published, transmitted, or otherwise made available through the Service, even if you have been warned of the possibility that they may occur. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, our liability will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
ARTICLE 13 – Errors, inaccuracies and omissions
It is not excluded that sometimes there is information on our site that could contain typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that could be related to descriptions of products and services, prices, promotions, offers, shipping costs, delivery times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any error, inaccuracy, omission, and to change or update information or cancel orders, if any information is inaccurate, and at any time without notice (including after you place your order).
ARTICLE 14 – Prohibited uses
In addition to the prohibitions set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use, you are prohibited from using the Site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to induce third parties to perform or participate in illegal acts; (c) to violate any regional ordinance or any international, federal, provincial or state law, rule or regulation; (d) to infringe or violate our intellectual property rights or those of third parties; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, injure, defame, slander, denigrate, intimidate or discriminate against anyone on the grounds of sex, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will be or may be used to compromise the functionality or operation of the Service or any other associated, independent website or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, hijack a domain, extort information, browse, explore or scan the web (or any other resource); (j) for obscene or immoral purposes; or (k) to undermine or circumvent the security measures of our web service, any other website, or the Internet. Nous nous réservons le droit de résilier votre utilisation du service web ou de tout site web connexe pour avoir enfreint les utilisations interdites.
ARTICLE 15 – Optional tools
We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we do not track any control or influence.
You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools "as is" and "as available" without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any approval. We will have no legal liability resulting from or related to the use of these optional third party tools.
If you use the optional tools offered on the Site, you do so at your own risk and at your own discretion, and you should consult the conditions under which these tools are offered by the relevant third party supplier(s).
We may also, in the future, offer new services and / or new features on our Site (including new tools and resources). These new features and services will also be subject to these Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use.
ARTICLE 16 – Third party links
Certain content, products and services available through our Service may include material from third parties.
Links from third parties on this site may redirect you to third party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not required to review or evaluate the content or accuracy of these sites, and we do not warrant or assume any responsibility for any content, website, product, service or other items accessible on or from these third-party sites.
We are not responsible for any loss or damage related to the purchase or use of any goods, services, resources, content, or any other transaction made in connection with these third party websites. Please read carefully the policies and practices of third parties and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding the products of these third parties must be submitted to these same third parties.
ARTICLE 17 - Private data
The Customer is informed that the collection of certain personal data is necessary for the sale of the services, their realization and delivery, entrusted to the Service Provider. This personal data is collected only for the execution of the service contract.
Collection of personal data
The personal data that are collected on the website www.labforscan.com are the following:
For the online ordering process (When creating the User account):
Name, first name, postal address, telephone number and e-mail address.
For opening an account (When creating a User account):
Name, first name, postal address, telephone number and e-mail address.
Recipients of personal data
Personal data are reserved for the sole use of the Provider and his employees.
Person in charge of the processing of personal data
Limitation of data processing
Unless the Customer expressly agrees, his personal data is not used for advertising or marketing purposes.
Data retention period
The Service Provider will keep the collected data for a period of 5 years, covering the time of the prescription of the applicable contractual civil liability.
Security and confidentiality
The Provider implements organizational, technical, software and physical measures in the area of digital security to protect personal data against alterations, destructions and unauthorized access. However, it should be noted that the Internet is not a completely secure environment and the Service Provider can not guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of information on the Internet.
Implementation of the rights of customers and users
In application of the regulations applicable to personal data, the Customers and Users of the site www.labforscan.com have the following rights:
- They can update their data by logging into their account.
- They can delete their account by writing to the e-mail address of the "Data Processing Manager"
- They can exercise their right of access to know the personal data concerning them by writing to the address of the "Data Processing Manager"
- If the personal data held by the Service Provider is inaccurate, they may request the update of the information by writing to the address of the "Data Processing Manager"
- They may request the deletion of their personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection laws by writing to the address of the "Data processing Manager"
- They can also request the portability of data held by the Service Provider to another provider
- Finally, they may object to the processing of their data by the Provider
These rights, provided that they do not oppose the purpose of the processing, may be exercised by sending a request by mail or e-mail to the Data Processing Manager whose details are given above.
The Data Processing Manager must provide an answer within a maximum of one month.
In case of refusal to grant the request of the Customer, it must be motivated.
The Customer is informed that in case of refusal, he can lodge a complaint with the CNIL (3 place de Fontenoy, 75007 PARIS) or seize a judicial authority.
The Customer may be asked to check a box under which he agrees to receive informative and advertising emails from the Provider. He will always be able to withdraw his agreement at any time by contacting the Provider (contact details above) or by following the unsubscribe link.
ARTICLE 18 - Intellectual property
The brand of this website and the company LABFORSCAN has been registered with the INPI for the categories of products and services that apply to it. In this context, any dissemination, exploitation, representation or reproduction, whether partial or complete, that would be carried out without the express authorization of said company will expose the offender to civil and criminal prosecution.
The content of the site www.labforscan.com is the property of the Seller and its partners and is protected by French and international laws relating to intellectual property.
Any total or partial reproduction of this content is strictly prohibited and may constitute a counterfeiting offence.
ARTICLE 19 - Applicable law - Language
These Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use and the resulting transactions are governed by and subject to French law.
These Terms are written in French. In the event that they are translated into one or more foreign languages, only the French text would be valid in case of dispute.
ARTICLE 20 - Disputes
For any complaint please contact the customer service of the Service Provider at the postal address or email indicated in ARTICLE 3 of these Terms.
The Customer is informed that he can in any case use a conventional mediation, with existing sectoral mediation bodies or any alternative dispute resolution (conciliation, for example) in case of dispute.
The Customer is also informed that he may also use the Online Dispute Resolution Platform:
All disputes to which the purchase and sale transactions concluded pursuant to these General Terms of Sale and which have not been the subject of a friendly settlement between the seller or by mediation, will be submitted to the competent common law courts.